Connecting with the community is a significant part of what we do at UniSA. It is our intention to be at the heart of regional development and at the forefront of meeting the ongoing challenges faced within rural and regional South Australia.
Our regional location plus our partnership with educational institutions, non-government organisations, Federal Government departments, and the Whyalla and regional communities, gives us the opportunity to improve and contribute to a wide range of economic, social and cultural developments.
One significant ongoing partnership is the Department of Rural Health (DRH) is also based at the Whyalla campus. The DRH provides rural health research opportunities and placement opportunities for health students, and is supported by the Australian Government’s Department of Health and Ageing.
UniSA College’s Connect Team runs a range of programs in the new ETLC to bring secondary educators, university teaching expertise and students together in an engaging and dynamic environment.
Looking for a professional and affordable solution for your next business meeting, corporate presentation, or workshop and training?
We offer external hire of our facilities including meeting rooms, tutorial rooms, lecture theatres and general purpose classrooms*.
To book please contact Whyalla Assist on (08) 8647 8111 or email@example.com
*Please note that hire of teaching spaces is only available when the rooms are not required for academic programs.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College