Study at Whyalla
Your Career Starts Here
UniSA’s Whyalla campus is South Australia's largest regional university campus and is a significant part of the Whyalla community. The campus is situated on a 22-hectare site in the heart of Whyalla's education and cultural precinct. It represents the major centre of tertiary education in rural and regional South Australia.
There are a broad range of programs available for study at the Whyalla campus, including Foundation Studies, Aboriginal Pathway Program, Early Childhood Education (Honours), Primary Education (Honours), Engineering (Honours) (Mechanical) *, Nursing and Social Work.
Kick-start your career in health by gaining the skills and knowledge in an intimate learning environment and hands‑on experience under the guidance of experts in local health facilities.
Graduates have the opportunity to build a career in the dynamic regional health sector and play a vital role in thriving regional communities.
UniSA is the leading university for graduate careers and is number one in SA for employment outcomes, flexibility and professional experience. Study, work and live in regional South Australia with a degree in health from UniSA.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College