Mount Gambier Campus
Study on the picturesque Limestone Coast, in the state’s largest regional city.
Established in 2005, University of South Australia's Mount Gambier campus is a reflection of an ongoing commitment to the region, the community and has developed strong collaborative partnerships during this time.
We have opened a new $12.5 million learning centre at Mount Gambier that revolutionises your learning experience. Construction commenced in early 2015 as part of the push to improve student learning facilities in the areas of nursing, social work, education, business and foundation studies. Specialist teaching facilities for health and social work students include patient bedrooms and treatment rooms modelled on facilities in the new Royal Adelaide Hospital and Mount Gambier Hospital so students can experience real world scenarios. The new building has space for up to four times as many students and will open up opportunities for more UniSA programs to be offered. Collaborative learning spaces and modern teaching facilities will be linked through a central piazza where students can relax and interact.
The new building was complemented by the construction of 260kms of fibre optic cable to connect Mount Gambier to the national Research and Education network. This infrastructure means Mount Gambier students are now getting on-campus internet speeds 1000 times the rate they are used to - from 10 megabits per second to 10 gigabits per second. Mount Gambier is now among the most connected regional cities in Australia and this provides students with access to the same curriculum, the same resources and the same academics as those in Adelaide.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College