Thank you for choosing the University of South Australia to send your valued sponsored students. We currently host around 300 sponsored students from over 40 different countries including;
- Solomon Island
- Saudi Arabia
We are ranked 25th worldwide in the QS top 50 under 50 (2019) and eighth in Australia for research based on the recent Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) results. We are one of Australia’s leading universities in terms of ‘international outlook’ and we were recently ranked in the top 25 in the world for international students in 2018 by Times Higher Education.
To search for suitable undergraduate, postgraduate or research programs for your students, please see below:
We are pleased to provide a dedicated team who will provide special assistance and advice to our recognised sponsored students and sponsoring authorities including;
- A dedicated staff member to liaise between the sponsor, students and the university
- Guidance to students in fulfilling the requirements of their sponsorship agreements
- Regular contact with students and academic staff to monitor academic progress
- Academic results and progress reports as requested by sponsors
- Coordination of sponsor monitoring visits to UniSA
- Dedicated International Student Officers to provide academic and personal support
Our academic calendar is divided into seven Study Periods, rather than two semesters.
Here you will find our Key dates including start of teaching, census dates, exams and results release dates. A key to our Grading system is helpful when reviewing academic reports.
Please ensure that your Financial Guarantee specifies which expenses are covered and includes:
- A contact to liaise between the sponsor body, students and our dedicated sponsor relations team
- Student name and date of birth
- Sponsor name, address and contact details on official letterhead
- Name of the program and the University covered by the sponsorship
- Duration of the sponsorship
- Inclusions – Tuition fees, OSHC, books, printing etc
All international students are required by the Australian Government to purchase approved Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of their studies in Australia. This must be paid before the student’s Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) can be issued unless there are other negotiated arrangements.
Tuition fees and Invoicing
- Once your account has been established, we will send you hardcopy invoices for each Study Period which will be mailed after each Census date with a due date of 30 days.
- Should payment not be received in full by the due date, the student will be placed in Bad Financial Standing (BFS) with the University. The effects of BFS on students can include, but are not limited to, being prevented from re-enrolling, graduating, obtaining results or an academic transcript.
- If a student does not complete their program within the duration of the Financial Guarantee, UniSA will seek sponsor approval for an extension to the Financial Guarantee if required. If approval is not given, any future fees will be invoiced directly to the student.
- Should you wish to cancel or make any changes to your sponsor account, you should notify the International Sponsors team.
- More information can be found in Section 16 of the Student Fees Policy available at http://i.unisa.edu.au/policies-and-procedures/university-policies/academic/a-47/
UniSA monitors the performance of all international students to ensure that students who are at risk have support. To comply with South Australian privacy legislation and University policy, the University must obtain the written consent of its students to release personal information, such as academic progress, to Sponsors. With this consent, collected when students accept their offer, sponsors can seek information from UniSA about student progress by emailing our team. We will send Academic Reports twice per year via email to sponsors usually in July and December.
Phone: 08 8302 0114