ZimbabweBeauty Nolan, Bachelor of Laws, Bachelor of Business (Management) (DBLD)
Why did you choose to study at the University of South Australia (UniSA)?
"I wanted to study at the University of South Australia (UniSA) as it is well known for the quality of its teaching and business degrees. I was also getting more credit for my previous studies at the University of Cape Town."
What are the benefits of UniSA and their teaching staff?
"The teaching style encouraged me to think for myself, to research and find answers. This was hard at first but the lecturers showed us how to research. Studying in South Africa was good but it did not give me an opportunity to be independent. While the lecturers were good they did most of the research for us. At UniSA, the lecturers let you explore your own thinking. We also have an opportunity to have industrial or overseas experience to support our studies."
What are your impressions of Adelaide?
"Adelaide is a very multicultural city. It is clean and has a lot of friendly people. It was easy to settle in Adelaide as the city is not too big. It is easy to find places and public transport is good."
What is your advice to others?
"My time at UniSA has made me see the world in a real way and has given me a chance to help where I can. I also enjoyed that UniSA is a very multicultural university. In my first year of study I made friends with people from Sweden, Germany, Japan, China and Africa. I have maintained most of these relationships and it’s an experience I recommend to anyone."Enquire Online
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College