Juan Fernando Ospina Sarmiento
ColombiaJuan F. Ospina, Master of International Studies
Why did you choose to study at University of South Australia?
"It offered a good program, the admissions team was quite diligent processing my application and because it was located in Adelaide."
“I am quite impressed by the academic staff for their professional knowledge, helpfulness, friendliness and patience. The academic staff I have come across with have a lot of industry experience and could teach and convey the knowledge in a simple way for students to comprehend."
What advice would you give a student considering coming to Adelaide and studying at the University of South Australia?
"That Adelaide is a great city, with loads of opportunities and things to see and do and that despite not being as famous as Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane it offers the same experience in a more welcoming and easy to handle setting. The University is a really good institution, with an excellent teaching system, with loads of opportunities and different areas to research and study from."
I am quite impressed by the academic staff for their professional knowledge, helpfulness, friendliness and patience. The academic staff I have come across with have a lot of industry experience and could teach and convey the knowledge in a simple way for students to comprehend."
What are the benefits of UniSA and their teaching staff?
"Before studying in Adelaide, I made a trip to Australia with my parents and visited a few cities including Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide. Adelaide appealed me the most since it provided a better study environment than Sydney and Melbourne allowing me to focus on my study. I have enjoyed my stay in Adelaide for its friendly people, social activities, easy to move around and closeness to facilities."Enquire Online
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College