International students

In the Australian higher education system, an 'international student' is a person who:

  • is not an Australian citizen
  • is not a New Zealand citizen
  • is not the holder of an Australian permanent visa and
  • is enrolled, or will enrol, in a course of study with a higher education provider.

See Study in Australia for more information from the Australian government.

How much do I pay?

Before commencing your first program with the University, International students are required to pay visa length Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) and 50% of the annual tuition fee.

If you started your program in 2014 or earlier, then your tuition fees will remain constant for the length of your program. For international students commencing from 2015 or later, tuition fees are subject to an annual increase. International students will also need to pay a Student Services and Amenities Fee that is included in their tuition charge.

Please refer to the program information page for your program fees. The program information page will also provide information on English language and academic entry requirements specific to each program.

Continuing international students are charged tuition fees for their enrolments each study period.  For award programs, the tuition fee is calculated using a normal annual unit load of 36 units. 36 units = 1 EFTSL (equivalent full time study load).

For example, enrolments in four courses in one study period, with each course being 4.5 units of load, is a total of 18 units load. If the annual program fee is $16,000, the study period fee will be $8,000 (16000 x 18/36) or $2000 per course (16000 x 4.5/36).

Note: Students are placed in bad financial standing if they do not make the full payment by the due date shown on each invoice.

When do I pay my fees?

After the initial payment is received, due dates for tuition fees are set for each study period where there are enrolments.  There are two due dates per study period and these are detailed on the invoice.

How do I pay?

Invoices can be paid using BPay, at any Australian Post Office or via UniSA webpay.

What are my responsibilities?

You are responsible for:

Areas of study and research

+ Click to minimise