UniSA has seven study periods as opposed to two traditional semesters. The academic year is split into two halves, with three study periods in each half, plus a study period during summer.
Study periods 2 and 5 represent the traditional first and second semesters.
- First semester: Study periods 1, 2 and 3 occur during the first semester of the academic year.
- Second semester: Study periods 4, 5 and 6 occur during the second semester of the academic year.
- Summer term: Study period 7 occurs during the summer term.
Please note: Summer school courses may also fall within study period 1 depending on the study pattern.
For timing and key dates for each study period, see the academic calendar.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College