How do I contact lecturers and tutors?
If a student has course-specific questions, the Course Coordinator is generally the student's first port of call. Contact details for Course Coordinators are in the "My Current Studies" section of the myUniSA student portal.
Staff are unable to discuss a student's academic progress with you because they are bound by confidentiality.
In the event that a student is unable to attend university for a short period of time after time they will need to collect supporting documentation for their absence to substantiate any request made for special consideration e.g. externsions on assignment due dates. If their absence coincides with a major course commitment they will need to contact affected staff e.g. a Tutor or Course Coordinator.
If the student's absence is likely to affect their course outcome, they may wish to talk to a Counsellor at the Learning and Teaching Unit to discuss an extension of time-frames.
In the event that a student is unable to attend university for a medium to long period of time it is important to ensure that Course Coordinators are aware of the student's circumstances:
- If the student is unable to act on their own behalf you may want to contact the Learning and Teaching Unit for advice.
- When the student is able, they are encouraged to contact their Course Coordinators or Program Director. They will need to discuss how to catch up on missed work and negotiate assignment extensions if necessary.
- If the student has special circumstances and feels they are not able to catch up on studies and/or ends up failing the study period, then an Application for Amendment to Enrolment and Fees in Special Circumstances may be lodged. This application is available through myUniSA. Counsellors in the Learning and Teaching Unit can assist with these special requests.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College