Mr David Travers
David Travers is Chief Executive and Head of Department of University College London’s Australia campus.
He joined UCL in 2010 after more than a decade with the South Australian State Government, including two stints in political offices, as Chief of Staff to a Liberal Deputy Premier, and later as Chief of Staff to a Labor Minister. During his public service career he held senior executive roles in the Department of the Premier and Cabinet, the Office of the Commissioner for Public Employment and was the South Australian Deputy Agent General in the Australian High Commission in London for almost five years.
Mr Travers has worked extensively in Europe, the US, Russia and has been a Governor of the UCL Qatar campus in Middle East for the past three years.
He began his career as a cadet journalist at the Fairfax Media group, advancing to editor-in-chief.
He is a member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and a non-executive director of Scope Global, an alumnus of Flinders and Harvard universities, a former Young South Australian of the Year, a former Young Australian of the Year finalist and was featured by News Limited as one of Australia's top 40 future leaders.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College