Mr Douglas Gautier
Chief Executive Officer and Artistic Director, Adelaide Festival Theatre
Douglas Gautier was appointed to his role at the Adelaide Festival Centre in 2006, and since then he has helped revitalise the Festival Centre with a 'program-led' approach to increasing audiences. This has included the introduction of two new events - the Adelaide International Guitar Festival, and the OzAsia Festival that showcases cultural and artistic links between Australia and the Asian region.
Mr Gautier came to the Festival Centre after leading Hong Kong's pre-eminent arts festival, and with international experience in media, tourism and the corporate sector. A resident of Asia for 25 years, he remains closely connected to - and seeks to further foster South Australia's cultural connections with - the region.
Mr Gautier has served on a number of arts, media and tourism boards in Hong Kong, throughout Asia and in Australia. He was founding vice-chairman of the Asian Arts Festival Association, and was a board member of the Asian Cultural Council (Rockefeller Foundation).
He currently chairs Asialink's Performing Arts Advisory Committee, and serves on the board of the Association of Asia Pacific Performing Arts Centres. He is an executive committee member of Live Performance Australia, and continues to be an advisor to the Hong Kong Arts Festival.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College