Smoke Free Campus
UniSA is proud to now be smoke free across all campuses, since 31 May 2014.
If you are thinking about quitting smoking, there is a range of services and support resources you can access.
For help with the different methods you can use to quit smoking, click here.
For information on the stages of quitting, click here.
Quit Support Services and Resources
Benefits of Quitting
Quitting smoking at any age will result in major and immediate health benefits and you will feel some of the benefits immediately, and others after a few weeks.
Getting the right help and support can go a long way to ensure that you’re able to quit for good. Many free advice and support services exist to help smokers preparing to quit and recent quitters stay smoke free.
Ways to Quit
However you decide to quit, your chances of success improve if you plan ahead. When choosing your quit date, make it a time when you are least likely to 'need' cigarettes.
Coping with Withdrawal Symptoms
For many people when the initial feeling of achievement wears off, it can start getting a bit harder, and sometimes really hard to stay on track with quitting smoking.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College