The research conducted here at UniSA gains much from our increasingly globalised world, as great minds come together to answer the big questions that will shape our future. So we do all we can to enrich the international nature of our research, for the benefit of both the research we undertake and the students who study here.
Bringing the world to Adelaide
We seek to attract world-class, expert international researchers to join us here in Adelaide and our many and varied research institutes and centres maintain extensive international links. The international quality this brings to student life is clear in the classroom and around campus.
UniSA is on an upward trajectory and performing impressively in the research rankings. Central to our stellar research growth is our mission to attract the best minds to Adelaide. Some of the world’s most innovative, cutting-edge thinkers come and make use of the first-class research facilities here at UniSA and join the dynamic and fast growing institution which truly values and supports its researchers.
We are home to a large number of internationally-recognised research institutes and centres, which maintain strong global networks and take a collaborative, multidisciplinary approach in order to achieve the very best results.
By bringing great minds to Adelaide and plugging into international research networks we are able not only to facilitate the highest quality research across all academic divisions, but also to provide our students with a learning environment based within a thriving hub of globally-networked thinking. What better place to study?
Internationalising postgraduate study
We encourage our research degree students undertake work which crosses borders. A number of international travel grants are available to enable and support research degree students so that they can gain industry or academic experience at an overseas institution, undertake field trips for the purpose of data collection, or travel to conferences to present a paper. We want to help our students achieve internatioanl research success.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College