Gender in the 21st Century
The Research Centre for Gender Studies is a multi-disciplinary research concentration of the Hawke Research Institute, University of South Australia, comprising researchers from the Division of Education, Arts and Social Sciences. The research centre fosters excellence and creativity in research and postgraduate training on gender by bringing together the research interests and teaching expertise of university members across nine disciplines.
To foster research on gender as a key social category of enquiry by building and strengthening:
- postgraduate research culture
- the culture of collaboration within the membership
- competitive grant applications
- refereed publications in high quality and useful areas
- interdisciplinary/multidisciplinary research
- international research collaborations
- contributions to national and international policy.
Current research areas
- sexual politics