We live in a complicated and uncertain world. Standard economic models, and the policy prescriptions based around them, are limited in their ability to illuminate and resolve the key problems of our time - including environmental change, mass migration, financial instability, energy and water shortages, ageing populations, cyber-security risks and constraints on investment in housing and other infrastructure.
How can we improve our understanding of how people engage with these problems? Using insights from behavioural economics, how can we design solutions that will fit with how real people behave? Can we devise behavioural economic solutions that are cost-effective and scalable, to ensure that their implementation is feasible?
Researchers at I4C are answering some of these questions in their work on a number of modern problems.
Prof Baddeley is one of our experts in behavioural economics.
See more about the research techniques we use to deliver key insights for partners.
See more about our team of researchers.
Ask a question
Get in touch with the Institute for Choice.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College