Why are some individuals more likely to speed while driving than others? How can new transport technologies be leveraged to address the mobility needs of an ageing national population? Why has per capita car use stagnated or declined in most developed countries?
Researchers at I4C are engaged in a number of different transport-related themes.
- New transport technologies and services
Major technological and infrastructural changes over coming years, such as the introduction of autonomous vehicles, growth in shared mobility services, the commercialization of unmanned aerial vehicles, and continued advances in alternative fuel vehicle technology, are expected to upend current patterns of travel and land use behaviour.
- I4C is part of the iMove Cooperative Research Centre, the newly formed $55 million research hub that aims to create a more integrated transit system incorporating smartphones, driverless vehicles and public transport
- Choice methods for modelling impacts of new transportation services
- Ageing, mobility and driverless cars
- Future mobility in Australia and South East Asia
- Road safety
The annual economic cost of road crashes in Australia is estimated to be $27 billion. In 2013 alone, road traffic crashes resulted in 35,059 hospitalized injuries and 1,187 fatalities in Australia.
- Discouraging mobile phone use while driving
- Bicycle helmet use and risk-taking behaviours
- Household travel surveys
Most metropolitan regions in the world regularly conduct household travel surveys for the purposes of transport planning and policy-making. These surveys are the bedrock of empirical travel demand analysis.
- Limitations of GPS-based surveys
- The Western Australia Household Travel Survey
Dr Vij is one of our experts in transportation, learn more about his work here.
Prof. Swait is one of our experts in transportation, learn more about his work here.
See more about the research techniques we use to deliver key insights for partners.
Ask a question
Get in touch with the Institute for Choice.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College