Our aim is to improve the health and wellbeing of Australians through food. We are expanding knowledge on the links between diet and disease, in order to develop innovative solutions for promoting healthy dietary patterns. Spanning knowledge creation to understand the effects of nutrients, foods and dietary patterns on health, as well as the design and implementation of targeted clinical interventions, our research focuses on preventing disease and enhancing our ability to maintain health and wellbeing.
The Prevention and treatment of obesity and chronic disease portfolio includes the following research programs:
Our areas of strength and capability include:
- Conducting large clinical trials for weight management, prevention and treatment of chronic disease
- Substantiating the efficacy of novel foods in cardiovascular health and diabetes and people at risk of diabetes.
- Assessment of cardiovascular health (body composition, blood biomarkers, vascular health) and cognitive function (including cognitive/mood tests)
- Evaluation of dietary intake and physical activity
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively with the food industry to improve the food supply.