Positive Futures Research Collaboration is a National Indigenous Research Collaboration in Child Protection that will be Indigenous-governed and Indigenous led. The membership consists of a consortium of national agencies dedicated to the safety and wellbeing of Indigenous children working alongside government, non-government and philanthropic partners and members.
- Will be Indigenous-governed
- Consortium of national agencies dedicated to the safety and wellbeing of Indigenous children (e.g., the Australian Centre for Child Protection, the Secretariat of National Aboriginal and Islander Child Care, the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Healing Foundation, the Institute of Child Protection Studies) working alongside government, non-government and philanthropic partners and members
- Work with child protection, health, education, justice and non-government agencies to develop, evaluate and embed alternative approaches to Indigenous child welfare
- The Institute would be and include inter-connected research, policy and practice expertise within the team and in networks spanning Australia
- Conduct rigorous research to inform policy, practice and implementation experts in Indigenous child protection
- To decrease the escalating over-representation of Indigenous children in care and protection systems including out of home care.
- To provide career pathways and highlight Australia as a leader and innovator in the field of Indigenous child protection research, policy development and practice leadership.