- Post-menopausal (at least 5 years since menopause)
- Not on any osteoporotic medication (e.g. bisphosphonates)
- Able to consume milk
- Non diabetic
If you answered ‘yes’ to all of the above then you may be eligible for this study. Participation in the study will last five (5) weeks and will involve four (4) visits:
- Attending Sansom institute clinical trial facility, UniSA City East Campus for four visits, approximately one week apart. The length of time at each visit varies from 1-6 hours.
- The first visit will be screening visit wherein participants will be provided complete details of the study and will include measurement of their weight, height, waist and hip circumference.
- At the second, third and fourth visit, volunteers will be asked to consume one of the three test products (a dairy based drink, a calcium supplement or a fruit juice) and blood samples will be collected over approximately 5 hours.
- In one of the visits, body fat using a Dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DXA), which is used routinely to measure bone mineral density, will be measured.
Upon successful completion of the study, volunteers will receive an honorarium of $200 and all participants will receive a copy of their DXA report as well as a summary of the study findings.
Participation in this study is voluntary. If you are interested in participating or would like more information about the study please contact the Sansom Clinical Trial Facility on (08) 8302 1365 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Study video Part 1 (11MB)
Study video Part 2 (13MB)
This study is approved by The University’s Human Research Ethics Committee