You may be eligible to do a professional doctorate at the University of South Australia. (See also Research degree programs)
What is a professional doctorate?
A professional doctorate is a rigorous program of advanced study and research, designed to meet the needs of industry and professional groups. Professional doctorate programs:
- foster excellence in professional practice by developing the capacity of individuals to lead development of knowledge in their professional contexts
- encourage close cooperation across the university/industry/profession interface, and provides a framework for integrating professional expertise and scholarly inquiry.
Professional doctorates usually blend coursework and research:
- The coursework component builds on candidates' professional expertise by exposing them to leading and challenging ideas in their fields.
- Research undertaken as part of the professional doctorate aims to direct and inform change, and to make a difference in the workplace and/or profession. Supported by expert facilitators, professional doctoral candidates bring the highest levels of systematic research knowledge and practice to professional projects.
Professional doctorates meet scholarly and University standards of research practice.
Are you eligible?
Applicants will usually have an honours degree/postgraduate qualification and substantial experience in the field.
Professional doctorates available
The University of South Australia offers research professional doctorates that comprise at least two-thirds research (see table below)
|Program code||Program name||Program Director(s)||Research:Coursework
||Doctor of Education
||A/Prof Rob Hattam
If you like the idea of undertaking a professional doctorate, we invite you to get in touch with the relevant program director (see table above) who can answer any questions and discuss your candidature.
More information on professional doctorates: Higher Degrees by Research Policy and Academic Regulations for Higher Degrees by Research
* Denotes English language-rich program. More information for international applicants