The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) of the Republic of China (Taiwan) established the Taiwan Fellowship to encourage experts and scholars worldwide interested in Taiwan, cross-strait relations, mainland China, Asia Pacific, and Sinology to conduct research in Taiwan's universities or research institutions and promote academic exchanges.
Fellowship recipients should be foreign professors, associate professors, assistant professors or doctoral candidates of related departments at overseas universities, or research fellows of equivalent level in academic institutions abroad.
Are you eligible to apply for a scholarship? (refer to admission selection and scholarship application guidelines for the University of South Australia)
Social Sciences, including Taiwan Studies, Cross-Strait Studies, China Studies, Asia Pacific Studies and Sinology.
- An economy class roundtrip ticket flying the most direct route will be provided. Tickets will not be provided to recipients who are already in Taiwan.
- Research stipends are granted at the beginning of each month in the following two categories:
- Professors, associate professors, research fellows, and associate research fellows: NT$60,000.
- Assistant professors, assistant research fellows, and doctoral candidates: NT$50,000.
- The minimum duration of scholarship is three months, and the maximum is one year.
- Accident insurance of NT$1,000,000 is provided during the term of research in Taiwan.
Note that NT = New Taiwanese dollar
For further information, please contact Taipei Economic and Cultural Office:
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College