The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) of the Republic of China (Taiwan) established the Taiwan Fellowship to encourage experts and scholars worldwide interested in Taiwan, cross-strait relations, mainland China, Asia Pacific, and Sinology to conduct research in Taiwan's universities or research institutions and promote academic exchanges.
Fellowship recipients should be foreign professors, associate professors, assistant professors or doctoral candidates of related departments at overseas universities, or research fellows of equivalent level in academic institutions abroad.
Are you eligible to apply for a scholarship? (refer to admission selection and scholarship application guidelines for the University of South Australia)
Social Sciences, including Taiwan Studies, Cross-Strait Studies, China Studies, Asia Pacific Studies and Sinology.
- An economy class roundtrip ticket flying the most direct route will be provided. Tickets will not be provided to recipients who are already in Taiwan.
- Research stipends are granted at the beginning of each month in the following two categories:
- Professors, associate professors, research fellows, and associate research fellows: NT$60,000.
- Assistant professors, assistant research fellows, and doctoral candidates: NT$50,000.
- The minimum duration of scholarship is three months, and the maximum is one year.
- Accident insurance of NT$1,000,000 is provided during the term of research in Taiwan.
Note that NT = New Taiwanese dollar
For further information, please contact Taipei Economic and Cultural Office:
Level 46, 80 Collins Street, Melbourne Vic 3000, Australia
Tel: +61-3-9650 8611
Center for Chinese Studies, National Central Library
20 Chungshan S. Road. Taipei, Taiwan 10001