The Marcia Nicholl Research Top Up Scholarship honours the memory of Marcia Nicholl, who graduated from the University of South Australia in 1994 with a Bachelor of Arts (Liberal Studies). This perpetual scholarship is designed to empower female students to undertake a Doctorate by Research or Masters by Research, by providing financial support throughout the program for the maximum period of up to three years full-time, or where necessary, six years part-time.
The Top Up Scholarship is available to female students who are:
- Australian Citizens, Permanent Residents of Australia or international students.
- Commencing as PhD or Masters by Research student.
- Identify with one or more of the following:
- a person of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait heritage
- a person with refugee status
- a person with a recognised disability
Applicants are required to hold a Research Training P rogram Domestic Stipend (RTPDSTIP) or a University of South Australia Postgraduate Award (USAPA). Eligible international students are required to hold a Research Training Program International Stipend (RTPISTIP) , a University President's Scholarship (UPS), or an International Research Tuition Scholarship, and be able to study full-time.
Applicants are required to provide a Curriculum Vitae and written statement (maximum 500 words) detailing:
- academic achievements
- reasons for studying their current program
- positive involvement with the community
- ability and willingness to act as an ambassador for UniSA, e.g. participate in occasional activities such as filming/interviews to document the research journey and impact of the scholarship
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to provide a reference from their principal supervisor and attend a selection panel interview.
Preference will be given to a full-time students who can demonstrate academic achievement and/or positive involvement with the community.
How to apply:
Apply through My Scholarships, accessed via your myUniSA student portal.
Application opens from 1/12/2018 to 31/3/2019.
Applicants are also required to provide a written statement, as outlined above, and a Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org
Value: Doctorate by Research - up to $24,000 to be paid as a top-up stipend ($8,000 per year for a maximum of three years). Pro-rata payments will apply for part-time enrolment.
Masters by Research - up to $16,000 to be paid as a top-up stipend ($8,000 per year for maximum of two years). Pro-rata payments will apply for part-time enrolment.
For more information contact:
SAS: Scholarships and Candidature
Tel: (08) 8302 5880