About this scholarship
Medicines and Dementia - PhD Scholarship
This exciting opportunity for an individual with a strong interest in medication safety or clinical pharmacy will be focussed in the area of medicines that contribute to confusion, cognitive impairment and dementia
The successful candidate will be joining a large research team of clinicians, epidemiologists, statisticians and other PhD students at the QUMPRC.
The research could consider:
- Models for deprescribing medicines which contribute to confusion or cognitive impairment
- Markers of medicine induced deterioration with regards to confusion or dementia
- Characteristics of patients who are most likely to use medicines associated with cognitive impairment
- Identification of potentially modifiable predictors for use of anticholinergic or sedative medicines
The position would be suitable for a pharmacy, health sciences or public health graduate.
- Top up scholarships will be negotiated for applicants in receipt of a RTPd or USAPA awarded from the University of South Australia (RTPd rate $26,682 in 2017 plus Top Up)
- Honours in pharmacy, public health or equivalent
- Available to Australian and New Zealand citizens and permanent residents of Australia
- Applications close 31 October 2017
The top up scholarship amount is negotiable; however the maximum value is $20,000/annum.
The duration of the scholarship is up to 4 years.
The scholarship is open to Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Australia conducting research in study areas including Public Health, Pharmacy and Health Sciences.
Application details and closing date
Applications open 1 July 2017 and close 31 October 2017.
Applications must include a current C.V. Please forward all applications and queries to:
t: 8302 1234
Lisa Kalisch Ellett
t: 8302 1121