HDA and Channel 7 Children's Research Foundation PhD Scholarships
Top-up scholarships are $5,000 per annum for up to 3 years only to augment a Research Training Program domestic (RTPd) scholarship or equivalent competitive scholarship.
Applications are invited for PhD Research Scholarships in the areas of Healthy Development: disciplines include, but are not restricted to, biochemistry, biomedical engineering, biostatistics, demography, dentistry, economics, education, endocrinology, epidemiology, ethics, genetics, indigenous health, law, nutrition, obstetrics and gynaecology, paediatrics, pharmacology, physiology, politics, psychiatry, psychology, public health and sociology.
Preference will be given to projects with a multidisciplinary focus and that enhance more than one discipline within the research topic.
Applications are invited from domestic and international students who are commencing a PhD in 2018 (commencing their PhD between January - March). Applicants should be eligible to enrol or be currently enrolled at either the University of Adelaide, University of South Australia or Flinders University in 2018, in addition applicants must satisfy each of the following criteria.
- Applicants must hold a first class Honours degree or equivalent in a discipline relevant to the chosen field of study
- Applicants hold a Research Training Program domestic (RTPd) scholarship or equivalent competitive postgraduate scholarship
- Applicants must have a HDA member as their primary/principal supervisor
- Research projects must be aligned with the Healthy Development theme
Conditions of Funding
Successful HDA Scholars will be required to partake in the HDA Research Training Program during their candidature. The program consists of a 20 hour practicum placement, mentoring component, and attending HDA events.
Annual renewal of top-up funding will also be subject to meeting your University postgraduate requirements, and subject to funding availability from the Channel 7 Children’s research Foundation.
Please submit the following documents by 5.00pm Thursday 18 January 2018 to:
Healthy Development Adelaide, Anne Jurisevic at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed HDA Application (both in pdf and doc format in font Arial 12)
- Current curriculum vitae
- Research Training Program domestic (RTPd) scholarship or equivalent competitive scholarship awarded
- Academic transcript
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College