The Australian Government's Australia Awards program aims to increase access to and the quality of education and training for people in partner countries.
Australia Awards Scholarships
Australia Awards Scholarships provide opportunities for people from developing countries to undertake full-time study at participating Australian universities and other educational institutions. There is usually one annual selection round in each country.
Each participating country has different selection processes and timelines. Further information on individual country processes can be obtained from the Australian Embassy/High Commission in the country of citizenship.
How to apply
You don't need to have a formal offer of admission to the University of South Australia when you apply for the Australia Awards.
Admission to your nominated institution and program is requested (see participating country contact details) once awards have been made.
Closing dates (for the following academic year)
Application opening and closing dates vary by country
- Check eligibility criteria and application details for the Australia Awards Scholarship
- Refer to the Australia Awards Scholarships Policy Handbook for requirements.
- Submit an application for a scholarship using the online application system (OASIS). For a Masters by Research or PhD you will need to specify your nominated institution, program and an appropriate supervisor
If your Australia Awards application is successful, your request will be sent to the University of South Australia for consideration for admission to the nominated research degree program.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College