Modelling concentrated colloidal dispersions
Professor Stan Miklavcic, Professor Lee White, Dr Charlie Mao and Professor Roger Horn
The project involves the mathematical modelling of properties and performance of liquid toners used for colour printing. The research is in collaboration with UniSA's Ian Wark Research Institute(IWRI). The project centres on developing theoretical models that relate measured data to salient properties of samples such as the electrical charge on toner particles. Successful modelling will aid the design of an analytical device with the performance level of a commercial characterisation tool for studying concentrated colloidal dispersions.
The project centres on the physical and mathematical modelling of (a) the electrokinetic behaviour of concentrated particle dispersions in non-aqueous media and (b) the light scattering properties of intrinsically inhomogeneous colloidal dispersions.
2007-2010 ARC Linkage: Horn, R., Miklavcic, S., Mr AB Ozerov Evaluating modern printing inks: the behaviour of charged particles in concentrated non-aqueous colloidal suspensions, $170,000.
Charlie Mao, Stan Miklavcic, Lee White and Roger Horn, "Development of Convective and Light Scattering Model", September 2009.
Charlie Mao, Stan Miklavcic, Lee White and Roger Horn, ARC Linkage Project LP0776625 MS1 Report, December 2009.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College