Electrokinetics of Concentrated Colloidal Dispersions
The project involves the application of a self-consistent cell-model theory of electrokinetics to the problem of determining the electrical conductivity of a dense suspension of spherical colloidal particles. The standard electrokinetic equations, subject to self-consistent boundary conditions, are studied within the particle-averaged cell model to develop formulae for the dynamic mobility, electrical conductivity and effective permittivity appropriate to these types of suspensions.
B.H. Bradshaw-Hajek, S.J. Miklavcic, L.R. White (2010)The actual dielectric response function for a colloidal suspension of spherical particles, Langmuir, DOI: 10.1021/la904767p.
B.H. Bradshaw-Hajek, S.J. Miklavcic, L.R. White (2010) High frequency behavior of the dynamic mobility and dielectric response of concentrated colloidal dispersions, Langmuir, 26(3), pp1656-1665.
B.H. Bradshaw-Hajek, S.J. Miklavcic, L.R. White (2009) Dynamic dielectric response of concentrated colloidal suspensions: comparison between theory and experiment, Langmuir, 25(4), pp1961, 1969.
Bradshaw-Hajek, B.H., Miklavcic, S.J. & White, L.R., (2008) Frequency-dependent electrical conductivity of concentrated dispersions of spherical colloidal particles, Langmuir, Vol. 24, Issue 9, pages 4512-4522.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College