Tall Poppy Award for Russell BrinkworthAugust 28 2012
The Institute of Telecommunications Research (ITR) would like to congratulate Institute Member Dr Russell Brinkworth on his achievement as a 2012 Young Tall Poppy Science Award recipient.
The winners of the awards were announced at a formal reception at Government House where the achievements of eight leading young South Australian researchers were recognised.
Dr Brinkworth’s research spans neuroscience and robotics. By studying how the brain and eye work he has developed biologically inspired cameras that work more like eyes. His cameras will be the forerunners of bionic eyes, smart cars and better surveillance cameras.
“This is a great recognition of an outstanding young researcher,” Professor Alex Grant, ITR Director, said. “We would like to congratulate Russell on this prestigious award.”
More information about the Tall Poppy Awards can be found at the Australian Institute of Policy and Science web site.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College