Network Coding Expert VisitsAugust 02 2012
The Institute for Telecommunications Research (ITR) will this week host an expert in network coding as Professor Tracy Ho visits from the California Institute of Technology (CIT).
Tracy Ho is an Assistant Professor at CIT and has published and lectured extensively on network coding. Her primary research interests are in information theory, network coding and communication networks.
ITR Director Professor Alex Grant will host the visit commencing August 2 with the team at ITR taking the opportunity to collaborate with an internationally recognised expert.
During her visit Professor Ho will deliver a seminar on August 3: “Error correction for deadlines, keys and computationally limited networks”.
ITR values international collaborations and has hosted a number of key international visitors in 2012.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College