ITR welcomes summer studentsDecember 16 2013
Five new internship and work experience students have recently commenced at the ITR.
MSc student Maryam Ehsani Banafti has travelled to Adelaide from Iran to do her internship. A student at the K N Toosi University of Technology Tehran, Maryam will spend four months working with Dr Ingmar Land on an ARC-funded project investigating distributed source coding.
Devesh Garg is from the Indian School of Mines in Dhanbad, India and is currently in his fourth year of an Integrated degree which combines a Bachelor degree with a Master’s degree. He will be working with Dr Siu Wai Ho during his internship and will spend 11 weeks doing research on privacy protection for efficient free webmail.
Work experience student Peter Roush comes with a very good academic record from the University of Adelaide. He will spend three months with Professor Bill Cowley working on QB50, a project where a network of small satellites take measurements in the lower atmosphere. Peter has just completed the fourth year of double degree in Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical & Electronic) and Bachelor of Economics.
Final year PhD student Jun Li has commenced a placement with supervisor Dr Siu Wai Ho, after receiving a Vacation High Achiever Scholarship. Jun Li recently won the University of South Australia ITEK Commercialisation Award for most outstanding project. His research topic is on visible light communications and location-based information transmission.
Adelaide University student Martin Nobis will spend eight weeks supervised by Dr Gottfried Lechner. He will be working on various configurations and protocols for wireless sensor networks. Martin has completed his 4th year of a double degree in Bachelor of Engineering (Telecommunications) and Bachelor of Finance.
Each year ITR offers internships to international students, and work experience to domestic students who wish to gain hands on experience in telecommunications research.
For more information ...
ITR Internships: http://www.itr.unisa.edu.au/study/internships
ITR Work Experience: http://www.itr.unisa.edu.au/study/work-experience
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College