ITR staff promotedNovember 05 2012
Dr Siu-Wai Ho and Dr Gottfried Lechner were recently promoted to the position of Senior Research Fellow.
Two Institute of Telecommunications Research (ITR) staff were awarded promotions in the University of South Australia’s recent round of academic appointments.
Dr Siu-Wai Ho and Dr Gottfried Lechner were both promoted to the position of Senior Research Fellow.
ITR Director, Professor Alex Grant, praised the pair on their success, “It gives me great pleasure to congratulate Dr. Siu-Wai Ho and Dr. Gottfried Lechner.”
“This is an important recognition of their outstanding contributions to the Institute and to the University,” he said.
Dr. Siu-Wai Ho was born in Hong Kong and completed B.Eng., M.Phil., and Ph.D. degrees in Information Engineering from The Chinese University of Hong Kong. He worked as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the Department of Electrical Engineering at Princeton University, U.S.A from 2006 to 2008 before joining the ITR in 2009. Dr. Ho’s research interests include Shannon theory, information-theoretic security, visible light communications, data communications and recording systems, and biometric security systems.
Dr. Gottfried Lechner obtained Dipl.-Ing. and Dr. techn. degrees from Vienna University of Technology. He worked as a Researcher/Senior Researcher in the area of Signal- and Information Processing at the Telecommunications Research Center Vienna from 2002 to 2008 before joining ITR in September 2008. Dr. Lechner’s research interests include iterative decoding algorithms, iterative receivers, block-fading channels, the application of sparse graph codes for distributed compression and the implementation of iterative algorithms.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College