SA Science Awards finalistJune 24 2014
ITR alumnus Dr Reza Arablouei has been selected as a finalist in the 2014 South Australian Science Excellence Awards.
The signal processing expert was nominated in the category of PhD Research Excellence – Physical Sciences, Mathematics and Engineering.
The nomination comes only two months after Reza was presented with the Ian Davey Prize – an award for the best thesis by a student at the University of South Australia.
After attending University in Tehran, Reza moved to Australia where he undertook a PhD at the Institute for Telecommunications Research at the University of South Australia.
The winner for PhD Research Excellence will be announced at the SA Science Excellence Awards dinner on August 8 at Adelaide Town Hall.
The South Australian government introduced the Science Excellence Awards in 2005 to recognise the efforts and achievements of outstanding scientists, many of whom are now world leaders in their respective fields.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College