ITR Hosts Key International VisitorJuly 30 2012
With a commitment to international collaborations and operating on the world stage, ITR this week hosts Professor Gerhard Kramer, Alexander von Humboldt Professor and Head of the Institute for Communications Engineering, Technical University of Munich.
Professor Kramer will be at the Mawson Lakes campus from July 30 through August 3 to work with Dr Ingmar Land on their joint ARC Discovery Project: Compression of distributed data: Bridging the gap between theory and practice.
In bushfire and tsunami early warning systems, environmental monitoring and healthcare applications, distributed sensors collect and transmit correlated data. This research project will design novel data compression algorithms that exploit this correlation to dramatically increase the performance of existing networks and enable new applications.
Gerhard Kramer was awarded the Vodafone Innovations Prize in 2011 for research that has advanced mobile communications. In 2010 he received an Alexander von Humboldt Professorship endowed by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research.
ITR is delighted to host Professor Kramer, he will be presenting a seminar Tuesday July 31 at Mawson Lakes.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College