ITR Director elected to ITS Australia boardDecember 04 2012
Professor Alex Grant was recently elected to the ITS Australia Board of Directors.
ITR Director, Professor Alex Grant, was recently elected to the Board of Directors of Intelligent Transport Systems Australia (ITS Australia).
Now celebrating its 20th anniversary, ITS Australia promotes the development and deployment of advanced technologies to deliver safer, more efficient and environmentally sustainable transport across all public and private modes - air, sea, road and rail.
Professor Grant is one of three new members joining a nine person board which draws on the skills of systems designers, infrastructure and transport developers and managers, and academics.
ITS Australia President, Brian Negus, welcomed the incoming members, "We look forward to working with the new board members, whose fresh ideas will help meet the challenges we face in 2013 and beyond," he said.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College