Dr Ingmar Land Awarded Senior IEEE Membership StatusApril 03 2012
UniSA's Institute for Telecommunications Research (ITR) is building on its presence within the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE). Senior Research Fellow Dr Ingmar Land has been awarded Senior Membership status, the second ITR researcher within the last four months to achieve the status.
The IEEE is the world’s largest professional association dedicated to advancing technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity.
The announcement builds on the ITR’s representation within the IEEE, in December 2011 ITR Senior Research Fellow Dr Mark McDonnell was also awarded Senior Membership status.
Senior Members must be an engineer, scientist, educator, technical executive or originators in IEEE designated fields, have experience reflecting professional maturity, have been in professional practice for at least ten years and show significant performance over a period of at least five of their years in professional practice.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College