Best Student Paper AusCTW 2016February 07 2016
Institute for Telecommunications Research (ITR) students Muhammad Yasir and Abdullah Saed received Best Student Paper award at the Australian Communications Theory Workshop (AusCTW) 2016
The paper "Uncoordinated Multiple Access Scheme for VLC Systems with Positioning Capability" by M. Yasir, S. Abdullah and S.-W. Ho has received the best student paper award at AusCTW 2016.
The paper was presented by Yasir at AusCTW which is one of the major local conferences focusing on communications, coding and information theory.
Yasir is a PhD student in ITMS/ITR, where he is supervised by Dr Siu Wai Ho and Dr Badri Vellambi (NJIT in USA). His research interest is in indoor positioning and visible light communications.
Abdullah is a PhD student in ITMS/ITR, where he is supervised by Dr Siu Wai Ho and Dr Albert Sung (City U in Hong Kong). His research interest is in multiuser problems in visible light communications.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College