Our Advisory Committee
The membership of Positive Futures Research Collaboration consists of representatives from peak National bodies and the University of South Australia, who are dedicated to improving the lives of Aboriginal children.
Dr Peter Lewis - The Secretariat of National Aboriginal and Islander Child Care, the National Voice for our Children.
Aunty Sue Blacklock AM - Winangay Resources.
Gillian Bonser - Winangay Resources.
Richard Weston - Healing Foundation.
Sharon Williams - Aboriginal Families Support Services (AFSS).
Professor Fiona Arney - Australian Centre for Child Protection (ACCP), University of South Australia.
Robyn Mildon PhD - founding Executive Director of the Centre for Evidence and Implementation (CEI).
Professor Morag McArthur - Associate, Institute of Child Protection Studies, Australian Catholic University.
Professor Aron Shlonsky - Professor of Evidence Informed Practice at School of Health Sciences, University of Melbourne.
Key University Members
Professor Ian Olver, AM Director University of South Australia Cancer Research Unit, Professor of Translational Cancer Research and Dean, Research Strategy in the Division of Health Sciences.
Professor Joanne Cys, Pro Vice Chancellor for the Division of Education, Arts and Social Sciences.
Professor Irene Watson, Pro Vice Chancellor Aboriginal Leadership and Strategy, and Professor of Law with the School of Law, University of South Australia Business School.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College