Cultural Symbol designed by Allan Sumner - Managing Director, Aboriginal Contemporary Arts.
Positive Futures Research Collaboration
We are a national research unit dedicated to improving the lives of Aboriginal children through rigorous research evidence that will influence policy and practice in child protection.
Positive Futures Research Collaboration is a national research unit dedicated to improving the lives of Aboriginal children.
Based at the University of South Australia, the collaboration consists of representatives from national peak bodies working together to build the evidence base of what works, and how this is best implemented to ensure Aboriginal children are safe, strong and well.
Core to its operation and existence is the imperative that Positive Futures is driven by Aboriginal people to provide the leadership and expertise necessary to craft solutions to current and urgent challenges such as:
- understanding the extent of abuse and neglect in communities,
- understanding the prevalence of family violence and intergenerational trauma as key drivers in child welfare matters,
- providing evaluations for what works, particularly around healing, early intervention and community led models ,
- developing the workforce,
- discovering new models of service delivery to continuous quality improvement of practice delivered by departments and agencies.
Please note the term Aboriginal used in this website is inclusive of all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College