Healthy, overweight or obese men wanted!
You may be eligible to participate if you are:
· 18 to 50 years
· overweight or obese (BMI>25kg/m2).
· Not currently taking immune suppressive therapy (prednisolone, Intralipid), fish oil tablets or probiotic
supplements, antibiotics, androgen treatments (DHEA or testosterone therapy)
· Do not have inflammatory bowel disease (Crohns Disease or Ulcerative Colitis) or Hepatitis B/ C or
· Not allergic to eggs, nuts or soy
Participation will involve:
· One 15 minute eligibility interview at UniSA, City East, North Tce.
· Two sessions (5 hours each) in which you will be required to drink either 25g or 50g of lipids (supplied as an
Intralipid solution) and have a blood sample taken every 1 hour for 5 hours at Repromed, 180 Fullarton Rd,
· Provide information about your diet, sleep and exercise patterns via short questionnaires
You will receive an honorarium of $400 at the completion of the study.
If you are interested in participating or would like more information about the study please contact us email: email@example.com or Ph: 8302 1365
This project has been approved by the Human Research Ethics Committee of the University of South Australia.