Hawke EU Centre Ambassadorial ScholarshipMay 10 2018
Would you like to know more about Europe? An exciting opportunity has arisen for an outstanding undergraduate student at UniSA who is looking to learn more about the challenges and opportunities facing Europe and the operation of the European Union.
The Hawke EU Centre Ambassadorial Scholarship is offering one high achieving student the chance to attend a European Summer Course on “Europe 3.0 – Between Integration, Globalisation and Nationalism”. Combining central aspects of European Integration with special policy fields, the program will analyse the European Union, give insights to the functioning of the European institutions and its politics, and discuss multiple perspectives on European Integration by offering lectures and workshops as well as field trips to different European Institutions. Additionally, the course will deal with issues surrounding human rights protection in Europe in times of increasing digitalisation. Please note that this summer school will not count towards course credit, but is a competitive award to complement your undergraduate study (and add to your CV).
The Hawke EU Centre is working with the Europa-Institut in cooperation with the ASKO EUROPA-STIFTUNG, the Europäische Akademie Otzenhausen and the Centre international de formation européenne (Cife). It is supported by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
What we are looking for:
A high achieving (GPA of at least 5) 2nd and 3rd year student who is interested in developing their knowledge and understanding of the EU.
What the funding covers:
Hawke EU Centre Ambassador Scholarship is supported by the Europa-Institut of Saarland University and the European Academy Otzenhausen, as well as the External Relations and Strategic Projects Portfolio in Chancellery, University of South Australia. The scholarship includes a 1200€ travel stipend paid upon arrival at the Summer Course plus the registration costs of the program (950 €, which includes field trips to Brussels, Strasbourg, Saarbrücken, full board (all meals) and lodging accommodation in twin rooms at the European Academy of Otzenhausen).
Please note the winning applicant will need to pay for their flights and travel to Nonnweiler, Germany prior to receiving the 1200€ travel stipend.
What you need to do to apply:
Submit an application form to email@example.com no later than Monday 21 May 2018.
For more information, download Europe 3.0 – Between Integration, Globalisation and Nationalism Flyer.
Winners will be notified by 28 May, 2018. If successful, you will be required to complete the full application form by 7 June 2018.
Hawke EU Centre Coordinator
P: 8302 2949
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College