Mathematics is an enabling discipline that underpins science, engineering and technology.
The Centre for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (CIAM) brings together researchers in pure and applied mathematics to discover, understand and interpret natural phenomena and apply mathematics to important industrial and social problems.
The Centre also seeks to develop new research strengths in mathematics and statistics and train the next generation of mathematical scientists.
CIAM research themes include:
- Mathematical analysis
- Modelling of systems and processes
- Optimisation and optimal control
- Signal and image processing
- Scheduling and control for transportation systems and water management
- Financial mathematics and risk management
Each theme provides a focus for specialist mathematical research and consulting in particular fields of industrial and applied mathematics.
If you are a future student, researcher or partner, contact us to find out more about our programs and services, and becoming involved with our distinguished centre.
World Top 100 for Engineering and Technology*
The University of South Australia’s Division of Information Technology, Engineering and the Environment has been acknowledged as a high-performing, progressive and engaging institute, earning impressive rankings for its teaching and research including:
- World top 100 for Engineering and Technology, top six in Australia and number one in South Australia in the 2013-14 Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
- Industry relevant research - number one in Australia for funding received from Commonwealth grants to CRCs.
- Excellence in Research Australia 2012 rated more than 86 per cent of our university’s assessed research as world standard or above, including a ranking of 4 for Engineering – a performance above world standard.
*2013-14 Times Higher Education World University Rankings