Barbara Hardy Institute researchers develop and test mathematical models for a broad range of applications, including:
- Climate variables (forecasting and time series analysis)
- Renewable energy utilisation
- Climate change and risk analysis
- Heat transfer and energy efficient buildings
- Water harvesting
- Ecological footprints
For further information please contact John Boland.
Forecasting energy use
Forecasting and characterising grid connected solar energy and developing synergies with wind technology (ASI funded).
Saving Energy on Trains
This project has developed a driver advice system that is being used by passenger and freight railways around the world to keep trains on time and reduce energy use.
Key projects include:
Low carbon living CRC
Overcoming identified market barriers preventing adoption of cost effective low carbon products and services.
Improving train flows with connected driver advice systems
This project has developed a driver advice system that is being used by passenger and freight railways around the world to keep trains on time and reduce energy use
An integrated model for the assessment of urban sustainability (ARC Linkage project).
Our researchers conduct collaborative research that are fundamental to the sustainability of our natural and built environments.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College