- Arney, F., Bromfield, L., Lewig, K., Holzer, P. (2009) "Integrating strategies for delivering evidence-informed practice." Evidence and Policy, Vol 5 No2, 179-191.
- Daniel, B., Vincent, S., Farrall, E., & Arney, F. "How is the Concept of Resilience Operationalised in Practice with Vulnerable Children?" International Journal of Child & Family Welfare,Vol 12 No 1, 2-21.
- Farrall, E. & Arnold, L. ‘Teaching of Child Maltreatment Content within psychology professional education: A systematic review of the literature’ Training and Education in Professional Psychology Journal (Submitted)
- Lewig, K., Arney, F., & Salveron, M. (2009) "The Working with Refugee Families Project" Australian Centre for Child Protection, ISBN: 978 0 9804107 54 Online (pdf, 766Kb)
- Parry, Y., Maio-Taddeo, C.M., Arnold, L. & Nayda, R. (2009) "Professionals Protecting Children: Child Protection and Nursing and Midwifery Education in Australia" Australian Centre for Child Protection, ISBN: 978 0 9804107 61, ISBN: 978 0 9804107 78 Online (pdf, 598Kb)
- Salveron, M., Lewig, K., & Arney, F. (2009), "Parenting Groups for Parents whose Children are in Care", Child Abuse Review, Vol 18, 267-288.
- Scott, D. (2009) "Early Intervention with Families of Vulnerable Children", book chapter in "Social Work: Contexts and Practice", Oxford University Press, Melbourne, ISBN: 978 0 195562873
- Scott, D. (2009) "What my 'old friends' have taught me", Social Work Now, December 2009, 20-23.
- Scott, D. (2009) "The landscape of child maltreatment" The Lancet, Vol 373 No 9658, 101-102.
- Scott, D. (2009) "Regulatory Principles and Reforming Possibilities in Child Protection: White might be in the best interests of children?", Communities, Children and Families Australia, Vol 4 No 1, pp63-68.
- Scott, D. (2009) "Think child, think family": How adult specialist services can support children at risk of abuse and neglect, Family Matters, 81; 37-42, Australian Institute of Family Studies.
- Zerk, D., Mertin, P., Proeve, M., (2009) "Domestic Violence and Maternal Reports of Young Children's functioning", Journal of Family Violence, Vol 24, No 7, 423-432.
- Zufferey, C., Scott, D., and Gibson, C. (2009) “Making children visible in social work education” Advances in Social Work Education , Vol 11 No 1, 9-30.
- Australian Centre for Child Protection Brochure (pdf, 798Kb)
back to top
- "A Pilot Exploration of a Family Home Visiting Program for families of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children" by Leda Sivak, Fiona Arney and Kerry Lewig published by the Centre in February 2008. (pdf 812Kb) is available online.
- "Think Child, Think Family, Think Community: From a child protection system to a system for protecting children", Submission to the Special Commission of Inquiry into Child Protection Services in NSW: Dr Judy Cashmore, Professor Dorothy Scott, Commissioner Gillian Calvert.
- Arnold, L., Maio-Taddeo, C.M., Scott, D.A. & Zufferey, C. (2008) "Professionals Protecting Children: Child Protection and Social Work Education in Australia" Australian Centre for Child Protection, (pdf,562Kb) ISBN: 978 0 9804107 30
- Arnold, L., Maio-Taddeo, C.M. (2008) "Professionals Protecting Children: Child Protection and Teacher Education in Australia" Australian Centre for Child Protection, ISBN: 978 0 98041716. "Professionals Protecting Children: Child Protection and Teacher Education in Australia: Executive Summary" (pdf 319Kb) is available online.
- Bromfield L. & Arney, F. (2008)."Developing a road map for research: Identifying priorities for a national child protection research agenda" Issues paper: Australian Institute of Family Studies No 28.
- Harris, N. (2008) "Family group conferencing in Australia 15 years on" Issues paper: Australian Institute of Family Studies No. 27.
- Harris, N. (2008) "Mapping the adoption of Family Group Conferencing in Australian States and Territories" (pdf 306Kb) Occasional Paper Series, Australian Centre for Child Protection, ISBN 9780980410723.
- Holzer, P., Lewig, K., Bromfield, L., & Arney, F. (2008). Research Use in the Australian Child and Family Welfare Sector, Australian Institute of Family Studies. Stand alone report on the Australian Institute of Family Studies website. "
- O’Donnell M., Scott D A., & Stanley, F., (2008) "Child Abuse and Neglect – is it time for a public health approach?" Australian and NZ Journal of Public Health, Vol 32, No. 4, pp 325-330.
- Scott, D. A. (2008) "From Clinic to Community: The Evolution of a Group for Women with Postpartum Mental Illness", Australian Social Work. Vol 61, No. 2, pp 197-206.
- Scott, D. A. (2008) "Early Childhood and Community: Capacity building in early childhood networks" G Robinson, E Eickelkamp, J Goodnow & I Katz (Eds) Context of Child Development – Culture, Policy and Intervention, Chapter 9, pp 111-121. Charles Darwin University Press: Darwin NT.
- Scott, D.A. (2008) "The landscape of child maltreatment" Special Series in The Lancet,
- Williams, N. (2008) “Refugee Participation in South Australian Child Protection Research: Power, Voice, and Representation”. Family and Consumer Sciences Research Journal Vol 37, pp191-209.
back to top
- Holzer, P., Lewig, K., Arney, F. & Bromfield, L (2007) "The research utilisation project: Facilitating research informed policy and practice." Australian Institute of Family Studies (pdf 769 KB)
- Scott, D.A., Salveron, M., Reimer,E., Nichols, S., & Sivak, L., (2007) "Positive partnerships with parents of young children" (pdf 1Mb) ARACY, West Perth, ISBN 978-1-921352-10-2.
- Stanley, F.J., Scott, D.A., & O’Donnell, M. (2007) "Interventions to Halt Child Abuse in Aboriginal Communities: Letter to the Editor", Medical Journal of Australia, Vol 187, No 8, pp472.
back to top
- Arnold, L. & Salveron, M. (2006) "Reflections on Innovations Designed to Meet the Needs of School-Aged Children in Care." Occasional Paper Series, Australian College of Educators, Vol 13, 1-24. ISBN: 9781920819194.
- Bakker, A. B., van der Zee, K. I., Lewig, K. A., & Dollard, M. F. (2006). "The Relationship between the ‘Big Five’ Personality Factors and Burnout: A Study among Volunteer Counsellors". The Journal of Social Psychology, 146(1) 31-50.
- Cashmore,J., Higgins, D.J., Bromfield, L.M., and Scott, D.A. (2006) "Recent Australian child protection and out of home care research: What’s been done and what needs to be done?" Children Australia, 31(2) 4-11.
- Lewig, K., Arney F., Scott D. (2006). "Closing the Gap: Research Utilisation in Child and Family Services" (pdf 823Kb) Family Matters, 74:12-19.
- Miller-Lewis, L.R., Baghust, P.A., Sawyer, M.G., Prior, M.R.,Clark, J.J., Arney, F.M., and Carbone, J.A. (2006) "Early Childhood Externalising Behaviour Problems: Child, Parenting, and Family-related Predictors Over Time" Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology, 34:891-906.
- Salveron, M., Arney F. & Scott D. (2006)"Sowing the Seeds of Innovation: Ideas for Child and Family Services," Family Matters, 73:39-45.
- Scott, D.A. (2006) "Towards a Public Health Model of Child Protection in Australia" (pdf 1.7Mb) Communities, Families and Children Australia, 1(1) 9-16.
back to top
Higgins, D.J., Adams, R.M., Bromfield,L.M, Richardson, N., & Aldana, M.S. (2005) National Audit of Australian Child Protection Research 1995-2004 (pdf 2.3Mb) ISBN: 0 642 39533 0
The Australian Centre for Child Protection conducted an action-research evaluation of the Mental Health Liaison Project (MHLP) at Families SA (formerly Children, Youth and Family Services, CYFS), Aberfoyle Park District Centre during 2006. The evaluation examined the views of workers, supervisors, managers and parents about what worked well, and what could be done differently, when including a mental health worker with child protection services. Using action research methods the information and recommendations from the first stage of the evaluation were used to inform and enhance the practice of the MHLP.
Mental Health Liaison Project Final Report (pdf, 490KB).
back to top
If you would like details of a particular presentation given by one of our team between 2005 and 2009, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
back to top