Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
One of the great challenges for modern workplaces is to maintain a strong psychosocial safety climate in the face of increasing global competition and pressures for increased productivity. The Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety (APC-WHS) is committed to a research agenda that provides evidence about the importance of balance between workplace productivity and psychological health and safety. We generate and apply new knowledge to make work environments throughout the Asia Pacific more accessible, healthier, safer and more productive. Engagement with external organisations and industry ensures we generate a real-world impact with our research.
Our research concentrates on psychosocial risks and psychosocial safety at work, stress, bullying and harassment, and social exclusion from work. The Centre is also home to the Work & Stress Research Group, The Australian Workplace Barometer and the StressCafe.
To stay at the cutting edge we collaborate with the world’s best researchers to produce the finest outputs. The Centre is a World Health Organisation (WHO) Collaborating Centre for Occupational Health ensuring that the research of the centre will be aligned with the WHO Global Action Plan with clear translation potential for workplaces in the region. The Centre is also the foundation member of the Asia Pacific Academy for Psychosocial Factors at Work.
If you are a student, researcher or organisation whose interests are aligned with ours, please make the connection.
Learn more about the Centre
The Psychosocial Safety Climate Framework
Organisational climate for employee psychological health, wellbeing, and safety.
Read about the exciting range of research projects being worked on at the Centre.
Get in touch
You can find us at:
Level 2, A Building,
p: + 61 8 8302 4262
f: + 61 8 8302 4242
Engage with us
Collaborate with us and tap into our worldwide research network, highly-skilled academic researchers and talented students.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College