Our Research Labs
Professor Jiuyong Li
With primary research interests in extracting actionable information from complicated data to assist decision making and automation our research topics include data mining, predictive modelling, data management and multimedia information systems. Applications focus on knowledge discovery in biology and health data, and sensor and spatio-temporal data.
Professor Markus Stumptner
Encompasses high level descriptions of programming and problem solving tasks, with the goal of more effective and less maintenance effective software development for specific domains.
Professor Andy Koronios
Information is intricate and its management may be elusive, as the quality aspects of information are often ignored. Information management is not solely a management activity, but also a strategic one delivering a competitive advantage. SIM Lab at UniSA conducts cutting edge research in the area of strategic information management.
Professor Bruce Thomas and Professor Mark Billinghurst
The Wearable Computer Lab conducts world class research in a variety of fields, including augmented reality, wearable computing, 3D Computer Graphics, and human/computer interfaces.
Associate Professor Mark McDonnell
The lab collaborates with neuroscientists to advance knowledge about how the brain and nervous system processes information, and applies this knowledge to develop new bio-inspired electronic systems and algorithms.
Professor Nanda Nandagopal
This lab was established in 2011 with the objective of facilitating PhD students to undertake research in Cognitive Neuro-Engineering. The students are now undertaking a broad array of research in engineering applications to cognitive problems using EEG and related measures.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College