About the ACRC
Professor Markus Stumptner: Director
Director of the ACRC and also Program Lead for Data Storage & Management in the Data to Decisions Cooperative Research Centre, my research area sits at the junction of different computing disciplines across software engineering (metamodelling), data and process management, and Artificial Intelligence.
The underlying goal is to develop high efficiency methods for modelling and constructing software systems for solving real world problems, typically from an industrial and organisational background.
The main focus of my recent work is in the areas of interoperability, integration, complex event processing, software system evolution and debugging, and emergent semantics. Typical application areas involve the autonomous enterprise, future aware business processes, asset management/plant operations, design and product configuration, as well as health and bioinformatics.
Professor Bruce Thomas: Deputy Director
Professor Thomas is the Deputy Director of the ACRC and Director of the Wearable Computer Lab. He is nationally and internationally recognised for his contributions to the scientific community and to industry in the areas of Wearable Computers, Tabletop Interactions, Augmented Reality and User Interaction.
As one of the largest Research Centres at UniSA, the ACRC is home to a network of dedicated and highly esteemed researchers, staff, Higher Degree by Research students and Alumni.
With more than 30 members and 70 PhD students working on cutting edge research across intelligent software engineering, visualisation and augmented reality, health informatics, security and information assurance, data analytics and business intelligence, our research interests are diverse yet complementary.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College