UniSA and James Morrison hit the right noteOctober 23 2014
UniSA Vice Chancellor Professor David Lloyd says the partnership will see a UniSA Diploma and Associate Degree in Music taught in Mount Gambier from 2015 with a goal to offer a full Bachelor of Music degree program from 2016.
“We are delighted to be able to support the provision of this vital music education program with someone as accomplished and passionate about music as James,” Prof Lloyd says.
“James will become an Adjunct Professor of UniSA and a Professorial Fellow and the Academy will draw on his unrivalled network of top professional musicians worldwide to form the faculty as well as a core of staff based in Mount Gambier.
“The partnership is of great importance to the provision of music education locally and nationally and will be of enormous benefit to the Mount Gambier community.
“UniSA has always had a strong presence in regional South Australia and we are delighted to be partnering an initiative of national significance in music education in the heart of Mount Gambier.
“We are looking forward to working together James and with state and local government to ensure its great success.”
Students enrolling in the program will be full registered students of UniSA with access to university library and other facilities and to student support services. Teaching will be based in the Academy’s facilities in Mount Gambier Town Hall and augmented through the University’s new facilities now under construction on Wireless Road.
For more information go to http://www.jamesmorrisonacademy.com/
Media contact: Michèle Nardelli office: +61 8 8302 0966 mobile: 0418 823 673 email: Michele.firstname.lastname@example.org
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College