UniSA forges closer ties with Singapore’s National Institute of EducationAugust 18 2017
The University of South Australia’s School of Education has signed a memorandum of understanding with Singapore’s internationally renowned National Institute of Education (NIE), Singapore, Nanyang Technological University (NTU) to develop stronger collaborations in research, academic and student exchanges and professional symposia, based on innovation and best practice.
The agreement was signed at the National Institute of Education, Singapore on Thursday August 17.
An autonomous institute of Nanyang Technological University, NIE has a reputation for excellence and also for global collaborations with University of Cambridge, Teachers College of Columbia University and now the University of South Australia.
Program Director for UniSA’s Master of Education, Dr David Caldwell says the new agreement will help to spearhead research into teacher education drawing on insights from both institutions and offer more opportunities for pre-service teachers to experience teaching in an international context.
“We’re delighted with this new collaboration and look forward to all the opportunities it would present for both students and staff,” he says
“It ties in wonderfully well with the Australian curriculum’s focus on Asia as a cross-curriculum priority.
“And it exposes our staff and students to some of the world’s best practice in terms of numeracy and literacy teaching and learning.”
Media contact: Michèle Nardelli mobile 0418 823 673 email email@example.com
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College