Oz Harvest Projects
Oz Harvest is a national organisation whose mission is to rescue food from businesses which would otherwise be discarded. The organisation's volunteers then re-distribute it to those in need.
Students are required to establish a food rescue 'hub'; write the Oz Harvest newsletter and/or organise special events.
Marketing and communication assistance
Oz Harvest requires an editorial team to research, write and distribute its monthly online newsletter and assist with other communication tasks as required.
This project would suit students from Journalism, Public Relations, Professional Writing, Communication, and/or Nutrition.
Event Coordination and administration
Special events - thank you celebrations and dinners; ceremonies; promotions - take place frequently for OzHarvest supporters and volunteers. Students are required to manage events.
This project would suit students from Health Science, Public Relations, Marketing and/or Tourism and Event Management.
Nutrition Education and Sustenance Training (NEST)
Bachelor of Nutrition and Food Science OR Health Science students are sought to help deliver cooking and nutrition education classes. The organisations include those which assist clients who have financial hardship including the Salvation Army; Unity Housing and Mission Australia. Your role will be to use your discipline knowledge to prepare sessions, resources and materials. The aim of the NEST program is to improve community health outcomes through education.
State Manager SA
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College