Boarding Australia is the peak organisation for boarding facilities in Australia.
UniSA students have the opportunity to assist with:
The Value of Indigenous Boarding – this project is at scoping stage and is looking at the learning, health & well-being improvements and personal development gained outside the classroom through being a secondary Indigenous student boarder.
Cultural Exposure Tours (residential) – this is the programming and marketing of an cultural exposure opportunity for teachers or staff in Indigenous boarding to be run on country. (Event / project management required).
Indigenous Voice – this is the creation of a network of Indigenous parents of boarding students to empower individual and collective voices in boarding through regional and national conferences. (In development; targeting philanthropic funding).
Annual Boarding Staff Profile Survey covering things such as:
- Profile of staff in Boarding
- Job categories
- Qualifications held
- Gender mix
- Staff Remuneration
- Conditions of Employment
- Staff student ratios
- Boarding Student profiles
This survey would be an annual activity undertaken by uni students under an agreement with the host university and be a joint Boarding Australia / Australian Boarding Schools Association sponsored activity. (Initial help in framing the project, the survey instrument and methodology).
Indigenous Boarding Financial Health survey of Indigenous boarding schools and residences to gain an understanding of the financial health of the sector. Currently being conducted for the second time. Analysis will be need during the first part of 2019 to result in publishing a report and an article or two in the Boarding Buzz.
Chief Executive Officer
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College